Thursday, July 20, 2006

Soaring with the Sparrows

It's been SO long! I'm learning that keeping a blog is indeed much like keeping a journal. I stink at it. But its fun to do when I have a sec to do it.

We've been traveling a bunch. Being closer to home means that we get to attend every reunion, wedding, birthday or other family event that comes up. Which I love, but it does mean less time at home.

This is what happens when you don't weed for three months.


I do have a few fun things to report.

We have a bird nest! At first I thought the place the birds had chosen was a funky, new-age bird feeder left by the previous owners. (After all, birds were clearly attracted to it, always going in and out and such.) Then my husband kindly explained that the object of discussion was actually our gas-fireplace vent. (Oh! It looks just like a new-fangled bird feeder.) Good thing its summer!

First we saw a lot of sticks appearing and the birds busy at work. Then one day we heard the little peeps - so cute!!! When mom would return you could see little beaks poking out with wide-open moths. But if you tried to go near, it was amazing how quickly everyone would hush-up and freeze. Soon the birds got big enough to see over the top, and then one day they were gone. I'm so glad ours don't leave the nest that quick! It was sure fun to watch though.


As those little birds we're learning to fly, Superman was also practicing his flying. He told me that when he grows up, he's going to fly for REAL. He'll also fly his school bus to school apparantly (I think that one must have come from a show somewhere.) Whenever he sees a picture of Superman, he wants to know if its the REAL Superman. I'm never sure how to answer that!



Captain America meanwhile is trying to jump. He works so hard to get both those little legs off the ground at the same time! If he succeeds, unfortunately, the landing seldomly goes as well and he usually ends up on face or back. But he never gives up and I sure admire his efforts! He discovered this afternoon that a more effective way to jump is to hold onto the rails of his crib, which allows him to lift both legs, put them down whenever and whereever he wants, and has the added benefit of giving a springy uplift! He was ECSTATIC about this discovery at nap time. Mom, less so.


I hope all friends and family who read this are doing well. Love ya all.

5 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

I'm going to comment on my own post :) cause I just have to say - aren't those kids cute!!!! :)

9:54 PM  
Blogger Kathryn Thompson said...

Of course he's the real superman. Yes, they are the cutest.

8:56 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Oh the weeds look so familiar.

And your kids are indeed cute.

2:10 PM  
Blogger frugalmom said...

Hey Erin, that is too funny how we met at swimming. I blogged about even, LOL.

10:56 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Holy weeds, batman. And those kids of yours are to die for. So cute!

6:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home