Monday, April 20, 2009

FHE

Everytime I see my cousin Beth I think "I need to blog again".
So since I got to see her last week, here's a blog!

I just have to write about this most awesome FHE (Family Home Evening) lesson given by Captain America tonight. It was his turn for giving the lesson and I really hadn't prepared anything with him. But C.A. quickly decided he wanted to play a game, and he had it all worked out, every detail, in his head. Here's how it went:

Dad and C.A. went upstairs to draw pictures for the game - pictures of "good" things like reading scriptures, paying tithing, and Jesus, and pictures of "bad" things - like kids fighting and being mean, and older siblings ordering around younger siblings (hmm). He also had one of the war in heaven (I'm not sure if that one was good or bad.)

C.A. taped the pictures in hiding places on the walls and furniture while Superman and I closed our eyes, and then the game begin! Superman and I were the ones playing (since Dad and C.A. were in charge and the twins are too little). We had to find the pictures, preferably the good ones, and the one with the most good pictures won (especially if you found the prize picture of Jesus with children). I guessed I didn't really have my game on, and Superman won in all respects.

To reward the winner, Captain America presented Superman with his prize - a hand-cut piece of paper that sort of resembled a trophy! Superman was ecstatic, literally.

Then it was time for my prize. C.A. presented me with a square piece of paper with lots of cuts all over it. He explained that this was the loser prize - and that it was a tool that Satan uses to get us to do mean things. I hesitently asked if it would make me do mean things, and was assured it would not. I took it and said "Um, thank you, I love it." Captain America responded, "Mom, it's not a very good prize." "Oh," I said.

The moral of the lesson - do good things, not bad, and find Jesus.
Makes pretty good sense!

I LOVE FOUR YEAR OLDS!

3 Comments:

Blogger The Ingebretsen's... said...

That is great Erin! These boys come up with the most hysterical things. That really is a great lesson. I sure hope you are not drawn to the dark side with your satanic tool! It was fun visiting with you guys the other day. Talk to you soon!

9:25 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

I do love your blog!!

Kiddos are so fun. "It's the loser prize." So great!

8:48 PM  
Blogger Jennica and Mitch said...

So cute! I love it!

8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home